Search The Web With Google

Custom Search
   




Alfian on Facebook | Create Your Badge

Epiphany for PhD and 1 more year left


Today, I think I had an epiphany. I took the liberty to get the definition from an online dictionary so that I would not misuse the word :D




______________________________________________
epiphany

  1. (initial capital letter) a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
  2. an appearance or manifestation, esp. of a deity.
  3. a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
  4. a literary work or section of a work presenting, usually symbolically, such a moment of revelation and insight.
______________________________________________


Ok, in my case, it's more of the third definition. I hope God willing that whatever I suddenly thought about would make my PhD work more valuable, hence making myself feel better and at least having something worthwhile contributing to the knowledge community :)


Won't say what its about since it's still an idea, but I hope it can materialize so that it can add content and value to my thesis. Annywayz... with that said... I have a bit over one year left on my extension. Mid February will be the beginning of my FOURTH year in this persistence-test. PhD has really taken a toll on myself, and also my wife. I sorta pity my wife more, since she got pregnant during her PhD (yeah yeah, blame me :P). Anywayz... insyaAllaah we're making OK progress, and insyaAllaah also, we will try our best to finish in time.


Oraits. Back to work. Selamat

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for dropping by