Search The Web With Google

Custom Search
   




Alfian on Facebook | Create Your Badge

Lose Weight and Fat by Climbing Bukit Jambul



Another way to lose those extra pounds is of course, to climb the nearest hill in your area. Even though already living in Penang for two years, I never really explored the place. My life basically revolves around USM, Tesco, The Penang Bridge, and Nibong Tebal (and also the occasional Queensbay Mall and Sunway Carnival Mall visits avec mon famille). So when I was asked to follow a friend climb a hill nearby... I was very2 'ON' for it :)

Was introduced to this hill by our friendly neighborhood Anak Jantan Melaka :D Hehehehe. Mr Azrul invited me to climb up Bukit Jambul. I knew there was a shopping complex named like that... but neven thought there was actually a hill by that name that you could climb... Since this was gonna be my first... hill climb... I was ecstatic! :D Furthermore, Azrul kata ada anak2 tangga. What better way to scale a mountain than to use a stair case! Hehehehe... And get a good cardio workout while you're at it :) Was this gonna be like Batu Caves? (x pernah naik Batu Caves lagi btw)

Anywayz, I knew the climb was gonna make me pant. But clearly, I underestimated the whole thing. I tot it was gonna be fast and simple. But the jungle-track like path proved to be a surprise for me. The steps were nothing liek Batu Caves. They were interleaved with stones and gravel... The slopes were STEEP and unforgiving... I wasn't only getting one hell of a cardio session... my quadriceps (front muscles of the legs) were also SCREAMING for rest! Aiya, never knew it was gonna be this intense! 

But I stood the course. I wasn't gonna flop on my first try. So I kept at it, with Azrul being my jungle guide :) The both of us stopped a few times (for a few seconds) along the way. Just enough time to breath in some fresh oxygen to regenerate our cigarette-smoke laden lungs :P Man, this is more than what I signed up for... but I'm not complaining though. It's more of a joyful surprise :D I was actually loving doing aerobics exercise... hehehe. Selalu jogging or stationary bike. But this was way better... plus, got a bit extra with a little bit of muscle training involved. Cuz those steps really2 isolate the quads...

Cutting things short... Finally reached the top. There was a mini-gym up there, with some basic amenities such as a  water cooler, a toilet (I think) and some of those yellow-red metal exercise machines. The view... wallaweh... Marvelous! So nice one. Can see houses, Queensbay Mall, the sea and also the Penang Bridge. Wish I had a DSLR with me. hehehehe. 

Annywayz, overall memang puas. Satisfied abish naik Bukit Jambul. I will be looking forward to another cardio climb. And next time, insyaAllaah I will be ready. Kot2 buleh ikut style Cik Fazot kita, yg naik turun bukit tu sampai 3 kali! Sriouuusss... Syabbash Fazot :D hehehe.

okes.. Layan gambau :D   (pics in no particular order)
 

Azrul trekking far in front
Oh... tangga lagi... where is the peak? Nak cacak bendera ni...
Main entrance... looks nice...
Rubber Tapper wuz ere...
Big and steep steps start with this set of very2 small ones
Sun set overlooking Penang Bridge..
Yellow-Red Metal Excercise Machines
Alpyan Troxion taking a breather
Going down... bahaya jugak. Have to really2 take care of where you step
Dua lembaga di dalam hutan...
Houses, far off hills etc.

6 comments:

fazot said...

hinshh hinshh, kembang hidung aku tiba2. itu dolu la, time muda mudi. lepas ni boleh arrange trekking bukit kat youth park then to bukit bendera pulak.

ahj-sd2 said...

mamat..baru ko tau tinggi mana langit bumi,xpa,aku dulu mcm tue jugak,semput sampai sudah tak mau naik lagi...hahaha...tapi bila pikir balik,best gila bila keluar peluh tang mendaki nie...hehehe...cik fazot dah ajak tukau bukit...keh3...apa macam mamat?ada berani?...kui kui kui...bukit bendera?...huhu,aku belum ready lagi maa... :p

Ahmad Javanese said...

Fazot: Kok zaman muda2? Ko kira muda lagi laaa skang ni :P Tak macam sang pemilik blog di mana rambut putih udah maca orang umo 49.55 tahun :P Drebar VC pon aku tengok smart lagi, selai uban pon ratak. all natural plak tu (sbb dia tak kata dia pakai dye pon :P)

AHJ: Tukar bukit? Hahahaha. Kasik conquer dulu ini bukit jambul baru aa leh tukar bukit. Kasik stamina naik dulu... kasik asap2 rokok keluar dari sistemmm. heheheheh...

Zue said...

muhehehehe. tell me about it.
first time panjat, sy telah hampir pengsan dgn jayanya. pitch black! terus kaget, enroll masuk gym pehtu... =P

tapi mmg betul pon, bila sebut bukit jambul, ramai yg konpius ingat kompleks bukit jambul.... hahaha..

Ahmad Javanese said...

kok sib bek tak pengsan. sebab kalu jatuh kat anak2 tangga tu, mau cedera parah koma 14 bulan. Na'oozubillaah... :D

Gym? baguss. Harap2 dapat teruskan...

Speaking about gyms....aku skang ni pon dok tengah mengkaji nutrisi yg berkait langsung dengan aktiviti2 gym (macam cardio n weights). Kalau bantai gym n makan tak betul (atau tak makan langsung)... in the long run buleh bawak mati. Kata expert la. Jadik mau kaji sket2 dulu sebelum aktif kembali...

Oraitey... majulah sukan utk... phd?

dIRa said...

my fren naik bukit jambul 8 min jer..siap berulang 3 kali..uhuhu!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for dropping by