Search The Web With Google

Custom Search
   




Alfian on Facebook | Create Your Badge

A bit about the degree

Assalaam aleykom WBT :) I've been thinking about my future a bit lately... my future as an academician. What prospects will I have...? Can I befriend or compete with the pros..? Will I become a good academic and not fall into complacency, a disease that I've seen befallen many 'impostors' of our time..? Will I be a proud deutch-bag of an academician, holding strong to the 'dr' title that I will hopefully get.. killing hopes of 'helpless' children of the spoon feeding era..? Will I actually be able to contribute (sincerely) in the world of academia..? Am I worthy of a place among the pre-elites and elites..?

So many questions... so little training... :| Well... actually I wanted to talk about the 'training' phase for an academic. And that training is this degree of PhD... Doctor of Philosophy :D

In order to answer all of the questions posed above with even a hint of dignity... I believe one of the main factors would be the training. PhD is a time where mistakes are made... where skills are honed... where tricks of the trade are learnt... where one actually dives into the art of publishing for the world to see...

Like any other training, a proper PhD necessitates a proper 'trainer'. This normally comes in the form of a human entity given the title Supervisor. It is normally this person who will shape to some extent... the end result that a candidate will become. The trainer has to firstly be trained! Trained in the arts of academia! Trained in the arts of mentor-ship! Trained in the arts of knowledge dissemination... Trained in the art of... training... passion must be there...

With a good trainer... the 'trained' will insyaAllaah prosper. With a good trainer, the 'trained' will insyaAllaah be trained... and hence ready to START... ready to INITIATE his/her journey into the world of violent criticism, writing and redoing all that has been done during training...

Trainer and trained... trainer and trained... trainer and trained...

Train....

Train....

Ok. Actually I had nothing to write about. So I am mem-bebel-ing :D T'is ok I guess... cuz t'is my blog anyway... HUA HUA HUA!!!

Hmmmm... tetiba teringat lagu Drops of Jupiter....

Okes. Back to work!!! Or more correct... BACK TO HOME!!! Cuz oredi 1.56am, and wifey alone at home with daughter. Hehehehe... Ish, must go back now. TQ for reading :D

Salaaam

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for dropping by