Search The Web With Google

Custom Search
   



Alfian on Facebook | Create Your Badge

Writing Thesis Using LaTex

I have made a rather bold decision... which is to write my thesis using LaTex. I am making this decision because I don't I'm gonna learn it after I finish my PhD :P I reckon the "push" factor won't be there, and I'll be doomed to be a MS Word user for the rest of my academic life. So, better LaTex now then never! :)

Anywayz... it seems to be going well at the moment. The only complaints I have is that it takes time getting used to reading your text in an editor... even one with neat tools and a nice user interface. Another thing is that, writing equations and constructing tables by yourself can be a pain in the backside since you'd have to really2 know the proper symbols and formatting styles, respectively. But Alhamdulillaah for some free aps online that make these two tasks doable :) Oh, and there's the compilation issue... You see, writing a LaTex document is essentially 'programming'. If you get the syntax wrong, errors will come up and ure document won't load!

But I think all of that is outweighed by all the other benefits it offers. Automatic generation of TABLE OF CONTENTS, automatic figure and equation number and placement, automatic links generation (to references and also to sections and subsections etc.), automatic section, subsection and subsubsections numbering and formatting... etc. So, kira OK la...

Anywayz... it's definitely not as easy as MS Word... but I know I have to learn it. Bak kata Azrinudin... MS Word is for writing letters :P So, better start knowing LaTex so taht I won't be left behind in academic writing for the Sciences.... Oraits... Salaaam

5 comments:

ka said...

guna Lyx tak?

Alfian_Troxion said...

tengah dok tengok. nampak cam best je? nanti aku baca :) thanks KA

Oyis said...

hamboi2... MS Words utk tulis letter je.. heh

aku guna LyX. x yah sakan2 progamming, but gets the benefit of latex including dari segi ke-cun-nan hasil kerja. best of both worlds, bak kata miley cyrus

Alfian_Troxion said...

hehehe. bukan aku yg kata Oyis. tapi supervisor Azri. tapi aku rasa for academic writing, mmg kena at least ada Lyx or Latex skills ye dok? tak silap aku SV ko dulu, dia dipaksa guna latex ye dok? tapi tesis dia lawa aku tengok... so mmg berbaloi belajar :D

文章 said...

餐飲設備 製冰機 洗碗機 咖啡機 冷凍冷藏冰箱 蒸烤箱 關島婚禮 巴里島機票 彈簧床 床墊 獨立筒床墊 乳膠床墊 床墊工廠 產後護理之家 月子中心 坐月子中心 坐月子 月子餐 銀行貸款 信用貸款 個人信貸 房屋貸款 房屋轉增貸 房貸二胎 房屋二胎 銀行二胎 土地貸款 農地貸款 情趣用品 情趣用品 腳臭 長灘島 長灘島旅遊 ssd固態硬碟 外接式硬碟 記憶體 SD記憶卡 隨身碟 SD記憶卡 婚禮顧問 婚禮顧問 水晶 花蓮民宿 血糖機 血壓計 洗鼻器 熱敷墊 體脂計 化痰機 氧氣製造機 氣墊床 電動病床 ソリッドステートドライブ USB フラッシュドライブ SD シリーズ

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for dropping by